Saturday, September 19, 2026

Fogovivência- Nabais, Portugal Sept 12-13th, 2026

 

This was a very cool event but sadly very poorly attended. Lovely Quinta of legendary DJ and producer Larry Lush was the scene. I arrived early and it was very empty, just the volunteers and Larry, pretty much, no one else.   I helped out a bit on the stage.  

Before the music they had the premiere screening of the film, the festival is named after by Yo Smet and Leive. It was about 30 mins long and a documentary about the fires in the Serra da Estrela region. There were two main people interviewed voicing their opinions about who fire affects their lives, the Portuguese people, what they think the problems are and the solutions. It was an interesting documentary. 


The first artist was a young guy from New Jersey named Dan. He was very nice and had a harem of young girls hanging around him, He plays under the name Bootleg Moses. Loved his first song, 3 Eye Blink, I think it was called. He played all originals except one. Some great stuff and a nice voice. 


Next up was Rosalinde and Peter, a Dutch, daughter-father duo, who played all new original material written this year has never been performed before. Wow, both are just exceptional. Peter has truely mastered the piano-keyboard and is so expressive.  Rosa, just sings so nice, perfect, easy on the ears. Very nice and diverse set of songs. I filmed the one called Wind. 

Andy Shades, from I Spy, played a sort of solo set. All his own original songs, including one he wrote 40 years ago. He was joined by Peter for the entire set except the opening song.  Andy was tired having just come back from the UK and was not happy with the stage sound or performance, which was a pity. The small crowd enjoyed it a lot though… 

They were showing the film again and so I said bye to folks and went home. There were a lot of DJs going til 230 in the morning including: Xixa, DC. L:M:O, Emmy Curl, Red Panda, Quietman and Racubah. 


Sept 13th

Dr Space, me, was first on with a solo set at 13. IT was already really hot out and I set up on the stage but it was brutal so we moved the gig down to the bar. There was about 10 people about. I played for an hr and it was pretty fun and good practice for me. Linde, wants me to come play my ambient space set for the horses!!!  We will see.  There were a few more acts to play in the afternoon but they were showing the film again, which I had seen and it was like 36C, so I headed home..  

The Audience
The Audience    

A lovely spot and just so sad no one came out for the film and music. It was a great line up folks all playing for free to raise money for the voluntary firefighters.  Sadly, I am guessing no money was raise and in fact they lost money, Larry and Linde..  They have built up a super cool place for a small festival. Congrats to them.. Lets home more events go on here, even though it is a bit out in the middle of nowhere. 





No comments:

Post a Comment