Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Super Sonic Blues- It´s Heavy (Who can you Trust)

Super Sonic Blues is a young trio from Holland, who I have been lucky enough to see 3x at Roadburn festival and always cool gigs. This record has been a long time in coming so I was quite looking forward to it.. I have to say, that when the needle hit the vinyl, I though there was some dirt or hair on the needle as it sounds pretty terrible so I cleaned the record and the needle and it sounds the same, so that must mean this is what they wanted the record to sound like…  Everything is just pushed to the sound of distortion so all the songs have too much the same dynamic and messed up sound. I think this might have been a decent recording and could have sounded way better had Guy (Orange Sunshine)  had not got his hand on it and tried to turn it into Orange Sunshine!!  Anyway, the band lay down 7 really cool songs.  If you want to hear a really good sounding recording of the band and most of these songs, check out the you tube show below….

http://supersonicblues.bandcamp.com

No comments:

Post a Comment