Friday, May 4, 2012

Steven Wilson-Amager Bio, København, Denmark April 30th, 2012


 I did not think that I was going to go to this show but my friend Daniel was visiting and really wanted to go. I was glad that I did. Steven Wilson, is the creative mind behind Porcupine Tree and this is a totally new band that he has assembled to play the music on his solo records, including a brand new song called Luminol, which was probably the best song of the night. I am guessing the set is more or less the same every night as besides the opening jam and closing part of the set, it was all performed to different cool films. First with the screen on the front of the stage for like 25mins and then it came down and the rest on the back screen. Steven was clearly having a really good time, sort of orchestrating the band a bit like Frank Zappa at times. The set list starts with some more of the mainstream pop prog stuff he does and then became much more musical adventurous and cool. All the players in his band were amazing. I really like the keyboard player a lot. Steven did not play that much guitar, probably about the same as keyboards. Theo Travis played different flutes and saxes that really augmented the tracks well. The show was a bit less than 2hrs and nearly sold out with amazing sound.

Set List:
No Twilight Within the Courts of the Sun
Index
Deform to Form a Star
Sectarian
Postcard
Remainder the Black Dog
Harmony Korine
Abandoner
Like Dust I Have Cleared From My Eye
Luminol
No Part of Me
Raider II
Encore:
Get All You Deserve

No comments:

Post a Comment