Sunday, July 23, 2023

Casafloresta- Casa da Cultura, Seia, PT June 17th, 2023

This was a very interesting event in the Culture House in Seia. I was invited by the Suse (the sound woman, who also worked on my music studio).  It was a combination of film, piano, guitar, accordion, 10 string viola guitar, some voice and sound samples. The music was very dissonant at times and experimental and QUIET.  I was very irritated but the lady in front of me who was on her phone half the concert with this huge bright white rectangle screen lighting up the area. Stupid..

Anyway, the woman playing the piano was amazing and creative and reached inside and made strange noises and bowed strings, and just played so cool… The guy who accompanied her mainly on the computer samples and acoustic guitar, he also played anything but normal guitar.  Repetitive picked patterns mixed with use of the body of the guitar. It was pretty interesting but very slow to evolve. I do not think I have the patience to play this kind of music and neither to most listeners!!! 


They played about 50mins and then there was a open discussion about the project that brings art and nature together.. It was lead by the woman, Corinna Lawrenz, who created this concept. I think… I did not stay for the discussion.  I do not have any pictures. 


http://www.aescuta.pt


No comments:

Post a Comment